10 Jul Mike’s 5 handy Secrets of Digital/Online Marketing
Brands are spending more and more of their marketing funds on online marketing. And while some aspects of online marketing are the same as traditional marketing, others are not. Here are five things you need to know for your online marketing to be successful.
Marketing online allows you to target specific audiences and easily track return on investment (ROI), results and feedbacks of digital marketing campaigns are almost immediate unlike traditional marketing methods. This allows you to better evaluate what elements of your campaign are producing good results and which are not. When buying online media, you must be willing to shift your marketing funds to the online methods that produce a positive return in order to make profit.
To be successful at online marketing, you must understand the essential secrets of Digital marketing. These secrets can allow you to achieve success by finding the right audience, communicating your message properly, and leading consumers down the path to purchase. My personal secrets are:
- Generating Traffic: In order to realize a return on your investment, you need to generate traffic to your marketing pages. There are a number of ways to do so online. Some of the most popular include Google AdWords, Bing Ads. Other methods include affiliate programs and targeted website advertising. Research other websites that have the audience you’re looking for and negotiate favorable ad rates for your online marketing campaign.
- Marketing Pages: Don’t lead just lead customers to the generic website. If you do, potential buyers won’t know what to do next. The easier you make if for prospects to take advantage of your offer, the better. Whenever creating a marketing campaign online, provide a specific page for leading purchasers to your product or service or a billboard that showcases the offer. Take the guess work out of making a purchase and more consumers will buy.
- Testimonies: Customer testimonials are the most powerful way to sell your product or service. When consumers hear from those who have purchased and used your product or service, they gain a certain level of trust and comfort in what you have to offer. Solicit testimonials after each purchase and use those that are the most convincing to purchasers.
- Create a Distinct but attractive Offer: Stand out and be unique. Be sure to offer something that no one else is currently offering. If your offer is similar to your competitors or is not very interesting, consumers have no reason to learn more. Of course providing something for FREE is often a great way to entice potential customers. Maybe it’s a 3-day free trial or a free shipping. Be creative, try something new, and measure the response.
- Developing Trust and Guarantee: Before anyone will buy from you, your website or company needs to be seen as reputable. This means that consumers can purchase from you and not worry about the safety of their credit card information, personal information, or anything else being exchanged. Nothing makes a consumer more comfortable with a purchase than offering a guarantee. Perhaps you can offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee or a money back guarantee. A guarantee is a great way ease the risk.